1. We are looking for good writing. We will accept short stories, essays, political commentary, personal memoirs, poetry, book excerpts--in short, anything with literary merit.
2. Please include a personal biography [ photograph and/or illustrations, if you wish] with any work you send .
3. The deadline for the Spring 2013 issue will be March 1, 2013. That issue will an open issue--no themes, only good writing. It will be on-line March 15, 2013.
4. We prefer short stories, essays and articles to be no longer than 2000 words. Any length greater than this will be considered, but frankly, such an item has less chance getting published.
5. You can submit work by sending an e-mail and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org .
We do not pay for submissions. Perhaps in the future, but for now we are only a small group of writers offering the possibility of publication to other writers. We do this because we love writing and writers, not to make a buck.
We expect only one time rights. We will consider reprint material.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The staff of The Straitjackets .